Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Meenakshi Singh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/26 00:41:45 UTC

problem configuring struts config in applicaion

Hi,

I had tried to send a mail to the struts user list, however, it's bouncing
again n again. Please see if u can help me by answering my question & also
please give me the email address to reach the mailing list.
I have two kind of programs in my application. one is a prescriptive program
& another is a custom program.
earlier both were just views & now there r two editable fields in these
jsp's.
Struts config entry for teh view is :
 <action name="TrackingActionForm" path="/jsp/au/tracking/viewprogram"
            parameter="viewProgram"
            input="searchprogram.page"
            scope="session"
            type="com.enbridge.dsm.web.action.TrackingProgramAction"
            validate="false">
      <forward name="input" path="searchprogram.page"/>
      <forward name="custprogpage" path="viewcustomprogram.page"/>
      <forward name="custprogpagepopup" path="viewcustomprogrampopup.page"/>
      <forward name="presprogpage" path="viewprescriptiveprogram.page"/>
      <forward name="presprogpagepopup" path="
viewprescriptiveprogrampopup.page"/>
      <forward name="markettransprogpage" path="viewmarkettransprogram.page
"/>
      <forward name="markettransprogpagepopup" path="
viewmarkettransprogrampopup.page"/>
    </action>

& for the edit is as follows:
<action name="TrackingActionForm" path="/jsp/au/tracking/editprogram"
            parameter="editProgram"
            input="viewprescriptiveprogram.page"
            scope="session"
            type="com.enbridge.dsm.web.action.TrackingProgramAction"
            validate="true">
      <forward name="input" path="viewprescriptiveprogram.page"/>
      <forward name="success" path="/jsp/au/tracking/viewprogram.do"/>
      <forward name="custprogpage" path="viewcustomprogram.page"/>
      <forward name="custprogpagepopup" path="viewcustomprogrampopup.page"/>
      <forward name="presprogpage" path="viewprescriptiveprogram.page"/>
      <forward name="presprogpagepopup" path="
viewprescriptiveprogrampopup.page"/>
      <forward name="markettransprogpage" path="viewmarkettransprogram.page
"/>
      <forward name="markettransprogpagepopup" path="
viewmarkettransprogrampopup.page"/>
    </action>

This cofig works for the prescriptive prog but doesn't work for the custom
prg. There needs to be another entry in struts config wherein I can specify
the input page as the custom jsp page as validation needs to be done for the
editable fields.
Please let me know how can I handle this situation.
The action class methods etc are the same for both the jsps.

AS for the flow, there is a search page which gets to the view page
depending on the prog selected. On theclick of the save the edit method of
the jsp is called.

Please help me.
thanks.
MV

Re: problem configuring struts config in applicaion

Posted by j alex <st...@gmail.com>.
It's not clear what you are trying to do ; as long as validate=true, the
form should get validated. You an have an action mapping <action
name="editForm" ... validate="true"> , and on hitting the save button,
change the <form>'s  action to "editForm" using javascript so that the right
action-mapping is invoked