Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Nathaniel A. Johnson" <na...@indiana.edu> on 2006/04/18 15:56:42 UTC

Customizing the J2 Look and Feel... portal screenshots provided (as links)

Greetings,

So far this list and the people here have been a great source of
information!  Hopefully someone will be able to answer a question of
portal look and feel, particularly relating to our design.

For those that have done or know how to customize the J2 look and feel,
do you think it is possible to make the portal look like the provided
screenshots (see links below)?

Here are two screenshots (two different tabs) of our portal...

1. http://mypage.iu.edu/~natjohns/academics.jpg
2. http://mypage.iu.edu/~natjohns/mytools.jpg

I know anything is possible and we do have a good technical team, but
does anyone have any advice?  Where would we start with this type of a
look and feel?  Can it be done somewhere in a XML/XSLT transformation,
or would custom code (decorators, etc) need to be written to accomplish
this design?

Thanks!
Nate
--
Nathaniel A. Johnson                           Voice: 812.855.9905
Principal Systems Analyst                        Fax: 812.856.9046