Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> on 2013/11/05 07:44:12 UTC

Re: CF name length restrictions (CASSANDRA-4157 and CASSANDRA-4110)

My understanding of  CASSANDRA-4110 is that the file name (not the total path length) has to be <= 255 chars long.

On not windows platforms in 1.1.0+ you should be ok with KS + CF names that combined go up to about 230 chars. Leaving room for the extra few things Cassandra dds to the SStable file names.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton