Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ravi Bulusu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/04 22:34:43 UTC

Hierarchical faceting with Date

Hi,

I'm trying to perform a hierarchical (pivot) faceted search and it doesn't
work with date (as one of the field).

My questions are
1. Is this a supported feature or just a bug that needs to be addressed?
2. If it is not intended to be supported, what is the complexity involved in
implementing it.

FYI
I'm using a SOLR 4.0 build from 09/30/2011.

Regards
Ravi Bulusu

Re: Hierarchical faceting with Date

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Ravi -

It's not a feature, currently, of pivot facets to do date ranges along with it.  Is that what you're after?  It should still "work" to facet on date fields and pivot those with other fields in a standard per-value sort of way.

Can you elaborate on the specific data and results you'd like to get?

	Erik

Posted by pravesh <su...@yahoo.com>.
You count index the date as a text field(or use a new text field to store
date as text) and then try it on this new field

Thanx
Pravesh