Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Dick, Brian E." <Br...@FMR.com> on 2005/01/03 18:27:45 UTC

Ant should have an ext directory

Does anyone else get an icky feeling when copying extension libraries
into the lib directory? Isn't that why the java runtime added the ext
directory?

Later,
BEDick

Re: Ant should have an ext directory

Posted by Ivan Ivanov <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Dick,
--- "Dick, Brian E." <Br...@FMR.com> wrote:

> Does anyone else get an icky feeling when copying
> extension libraries
> into the lib directory? Isn't that why the java
> runtime added the ext
> directory?

Ant 1.6 or higher hunts for its jars on three places:
${ant.home}/lib, ${user.home}/.ant/lib and the
directory specified by -lib option of ant laumching
script. So from Ant 1.6 I do copy no jars in
${ant.home}/lib; instead I place them in
${user.home}/.ant/lib. This ease me when I change
ant/jdk version I work with.

HTH Ivan