Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James Bankston <JB...@ajc.com> on 2002/01/31 16:16:37 UTC

Allow Access Based On Directory Selected

What I would like to do is allow users access based on the directory
selected.  All other directories a username and password will be require
The cgi-lawson directory is password protected.  I can set this up with the
following and it works using client based address.  The 0.0.0.0.0 works
fine with my ip-address.  What I want to do is based on the two links below
I want to allow users selecting link a will not be prompted for a password
user from link b: select a password.  The only thing they will not be links
on another website.  The user will be keying this URL in there browser not
selecting it from a website.

Link a:  http://www.xyz.com/directory/index.html ( access allowed )

Link b:  http://www.xyz.com/payroll/index.html (access denied)

    <Directory "/opt/apache/cgi-lawson">
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        AuthUserfile /opt/apache/userdb/lawson
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName "Lawson Web Desktop"
        Options None
        require valid user
        deny from all
        allow from 0.0.0.0.0
        satisfy any
    </Directory>

Latest Atlanta News and Sports: http://www.ajc.com
Get The Atlanta Journal-Constitution delivered!
http://www.ajc.com/subscribe