Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kukudas <ku...@googlemail.com> on 2009/01/19 13:39:12 UTC

Maven2 Inheritence configuration file path

hi

i have a parent pom which contains plugins which have configuration files.
For example i use PMD with my own rule sets.
So i do specifie in my parent project the location where this file is. For
example in my parent projects resources folder the rule sets for PMD can be
found.
However when my child inherits my parent pom it inherits this path too and
will look in its own (child) resource folder for the PMD
configuration file. How do i handle such a use case ? I want that the child
uses the parents configuration file as well for the plugin.

thanks in advance kukudas