Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/24 21:15:07 UTC

How do I get CXF to actually give me back the real soap fault?

This error has really killed me since I thought this error was a SoapFault
coming back from a 3rd party companies webservice when in fact it appears
like CXF doesn't always properly handle SOAPFaults... If I send a message to
this 3rd party webservice, that fails their validation, they send back a
soap fault.  But instead of see that soap fault, I get this stack trace:

javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Server unavailable, please try later
        at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(
JaxWsClientProxy.java:169)
        at $Proxy78.sendNotification(Unknown Source)
        at test.NotificationClient.sendNotification(NotificationClient.java
:75)

The embedded exception is the same.  Is there a reason this is happening?
I'll look myself when I get some time, but I'm throwing it out there in case
anyone knows off hand.

Re: How do I get CXF to actually give me back the real soap fault?

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
Nope, I didn't think of it at the time that I could have ran it through
SoapUI to verify what CXF was giving me.  If I did that, then SoapUI gave me
back an actual fault message, but the same request from CXF was giving me an
exception with an Empty Fault.  It looked a lot like the server responded
with that, but the server hadn't.  Even valid requests from CXF were always
throwing an exception with 2.0.1.  I switched to the 2.0.2 that I built and
now my code works, so I will not be able to use 2.0.1 at all with this
project.

Posted by Ray Krueger <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
Never mind I see that this was a problem fixed in 2.0.2.  I'll figure out a
way to make due with that.

Posted by Harshit Madania <ma...@gmail.com>.
 Hi ,
I want to create  SOAP Requests from the WSDL of service.
What I want to do is like dynamically creating  RAW SOAP Request  from the
WSDL  and sending it to the Web Service so that the user can directly
provide parameters to the service and test it. I am a bit new to apache
incubator  so just wanted to know is there any API provided with it which
can solve my purpose , I tried using WSDLToSOAP but was not able to create a
proper SOAP Request from it.

Best Regards,
Harshit