Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/20 13:45:44 UTC

"No converter found" warnings

I have latest revision of trunk (Rev 965812) on my local system. While
running I see "No converter found" warning and I see the exception given
below. I did clean-all many time and even checked out the complete
source but I see the same errors again and again. Any one else having
similar problem or I am missing some settings somewhere?

<stackTrace>
] Checking for primary permission ACCOUNTING_CREATE
      [java] 2010-07-20 17:07:11,008 (default-invoker-Thread-8)
[         Converters.java:102:WARN ] *** No converter found, converting
from java.lang.String to java.lang.Boolean. Please report this message
to the developer community so a suitable converter can be created. ***
      [java] 2010-07-20 17:07:11,014 (default-invoker-Thread-8) [
SetOperation.java:109:ERROR]
      [java] ---- exception report
      [java] Could not convert field value for the field:
[hasPermission] to the [Boolean] type for the value [true]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Conversion from java.lang.String
to Boolean not currently supported
      [java] Exception: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException
      [java] Message: Conversion from java.lang.String to Boolean not
currently supported
      [java] ---- stack trace
      [java] org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Conversion from
java.lang.String to Boolean not currently supported
      [java]
org.ofbiz.base.util.ObjectType.simpleTypeConvert(ObjectType.java:545)
      [java]
org.ofbiz.minilang.method.envops.SetOperation.exec(SetOperation.java:106)
      [java]
org.ofbiz.minilang.SimpleMethod.runSubOps(SimpleMethod.java:920)
      [java]
org.ofbiz.minilang.method.conditional.MasterIf.exec(MasterIf.java:86)
      [java]
org.ofbiz.minilang.SimpleMethod.runSubOps(SimpleMethod.java:920)
      [java] org.ofbiz.minilang.SimpleMethod.exec(SimpleMethod.java:739)
      [java]
org.ofbiz.minilang.method.callops.CallSimpleMethod.exec(CallSimpleMethod.java:86)
      [java]
org.ofbiz.minilang.SimpleMethod.runSubOps(SimpleMethod.java:920)
</stackTrace>

Thanks,

Raj

Re: "No converter found" warnings

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
May be. Also it may be related to specific database. I am using
PostgreSQL 8.4 and  many part of the applications are not working.
However, I found there is no problem with the demo site. Could it be due
to the database server as demo site is using Derby.

Thanks,

Raj

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Adrian. It turned out to be a ant issue. I was using Ant 1.7.0
and building with internal ant solved the problem.

Raj

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.

Posted by james_sg <sn...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Matthieu Bollot <ma...@nereide.biz>.
may be it is not related to the jira i told, but you can still have a
look at 959470 and see if it works before this commit and not after…

--
Matthieu BOLLOT
www.nereide.biz

Re: "No converter found" warnings

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Adrian, I will try this and let you know.

Raj

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
I have no clue why you would get that error message. The only
suggestions I have are to make sure you are using Java 6, run ant clean,
and then run ant build.

-Adrian

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
As I consider it as neutral, I checked the trunk demo server console/error logs and found any "Could not convert field value for the
field", "SetOperation" or "convert " strings

Jacques

From: "Raj Saini" <ra...@gmail.com>

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Adrian,

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes, CMS part of the content application does not render the contents
content tree and throws exception.

Raj

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.