Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Dhruva Kumar <dp...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/20 15:00:25 UTC

Facing problems with http proxy in HttpClient4.3.1

Hello,

I have upgraded HttpClient library from 4.0.1 to 4.3.1 and using it in my
web application for communicating to twitter REST API service. If I don't
set the http proxy in web container(Glassfish2.1) and try connecting to
twitter from my home network, HttpClient is able to make https requests to
twitter service.
But if I set the http proxy in Glassfish, and try connecting to twitter
from corporate network(I must set the proxy given by company to talk to
internet), HttpClient is not able to make https requests to twitter service
: I have been trying out different ways but none of them works.

   - If I set the proxy in Request configuration :
    requestConfigBuilder.setProxy(proxy). It throws
*org.apache.http.conn.HttpConnectionHostException
   : Connection timedout*
   - If I set the proxy in Http client object
   : httpClientBuilder.setProxy(proxy). It throws
*org.apache.http.conn.U**nsupportedSchemeException
   :  http protocol is not supported*
   - Setting the proxy the following way also didn't work :

                                       DefaultProxyRoutePlanner
   routePlanner = new DefaultProxyRoutePlanner(proxy);  httpClientBuilder
   .setRoutePlanner(routePlanner)

What am I missing here ? Is there any other way that I can try out to setup
proxy ?

Thanks & Regards,
Dhruva