Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "David J. Potter" <da...@davidjpotter.com> on 2013/07/01 03:53:29 UTC

Seeking Hadoop documention

Hello,

I am installing Hadoop 1.1.2 on CentOS 6.4.

I read the Hadoop documentation at http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/

After installing, I noticed there are many shell scripts at /usr/sbin/. But
the documentation does not explain what most of these do.

For example:
  hadoop-setup-conf.sh
  hadoop-setup-hdfs.sh
  hadoop-setup-single-node.sh
  hadoop-validate-setup.sh

Is there some supplemental documentation to get an explanation of all these
scripts?

Thank you

Seeking Hadoop documention