Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Stefan Kärst <st...@diva-e.com> on 2019/06/06 07:46:00 UTC

enhancement of documentation

Hi list,

I think it's a good idea add the chroot zookeeper folder at the end of:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_0/setting-up-an-external-zookeeper-ensemble.html

"Once these servers are running, you can reference them from Solr just
as you did before:"

bin/solr start -e cloud -z
localhost:2181,localhost:2182,localhost:2183/solrchroot -noprompt"

/solrchroot as an example.

it took me a while to find out by blindly trying. looks like other users
face the same problem (according to google).

the error message in the solr logs isn't really helpful in that case.

besides this. why would someone create a (zookeeper) cluster while
running all server on the same machine??

"bin/solr start -e cloud -z
localhost:2181,zknode1:2181,zknode2:2181/solrchroot -noprompt"

makes more sense. IMHO

Cheers!
Stefan K.

Re: enhancement of documentation

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
> besides this. why would someone create a (zookeeper) cluster while
> running all server on the same machine??

People wouldn’t in production, the “-e cloud” options without a ZK ensemble is just a convenience to get started without setting up a ZK ensemble before you can even try out Solr.