Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sheryl <gu...@his.com> on 2007/03/12 19:43:37 UTC

Problems with subversion 1.4.3 apache 2.2.4 apr 1.2.8

Greetings,

I have a customer who needs to upload files > 2 GB and so I'm trying to
upgrade one of my subversion servers to subversion 1.4.3 and apache 2.2.4.
 In the config I tell subversion to use the apr and apr-util from apache
and the config finds apr 1.2.8.

The svn commands work fine with file:// but when I try to use the http
protocol or access the repositories with websvn I get error messages

[Mon Mar 12 15:34:12 2007] [error] [client 192.168.10.26] Failed to load
the AuthzSVNAccessFile: The character 'M' in rule 'realm' is not allowed
in authz rules

This is what my access file looks like:

[general]
realm = Main Repository
anon-access = none

[groups]
admins = user1, user2, user3

[/]
@admins = rw

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sheryl

Re: Problems with subversion 1.4.3 apache 2.2.4 apr 1.2.8

Posted by Sheryl <gu...@his.com>.

> Well, your first problem seems to be solved: your authzaccessfile has
> been accepted. It's just that your configuration now rejects
> checkouts.
>
> Did you need to authenticate? Did you use either user1, user2 or user3?

I did use one of the users in the list.  But that was before changing the
file.   However, I can't seem to make it authenticate me again.  I've
tried clearing the cache, stopping and restarting the browser.  Thought I
had resolved the ldap issue last week but apparently not.

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sheryl, please keep responses to the list. That way, others have an
opportunity to respond as well (and you may end up with a response
faster than I'm able to provide.)

On 3/12/07, Sheryl <gu...@his.com> wrote:

> > http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.pathbasedauthz.html
> >
> > doesn't talk about a [general] section. You could try removing that
> > and see what happens.
>
> I did try that and got (for https://my.server/svn/urchin)
>
> [Mon Mar 12 15:51:31 2007] [error] [client 192.168.10.26] Access denied: -
> GET urchin:/
>
> Also tried adding a section
>
> [urchin:/]
> @admins = rw
>
> and got the same error.
>
> Other ideas?

Well, your first problem seems to be solved: your authzaccessfile has
been accepted. It's just that your configuration now rejects
checkouts.

Did you need to authenticate? Did you use either user1, user2 or user3?

If none of the above, that could be a hint to start further debugging.

bye,

Erik.