Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jane Wayne <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/28 22:06:25 UTC

where are the old hadoop documentations for v0.22.0 and below ?

where can i get the old hadoop documentation (e.g. cluster setup, xml
configuration params) for hadoop v0.22.0 and below? i downloaded the source
and binary files but could not find the documentations as a part of the
archive file.

on the home page at http://hadoop.apache.org/, i only see documentations
for the following versions.
- current, stable, 1.2.1, 2.2.0, 2.4.1, 0.23.11

Re: where are the old hadoop documentations for v0.22.0 and below ?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Jane,

The tarball includes generated release documentation pages as well.
Did you download and look inside?

~> tar tf hadoop-0.22.0.tar.gz | grep cluster_setup | grep html
hadoop-0.22.0/common/docs/cluster_setup.html

--
Harsh J

Re: where are the old hadoop documentations for v0.22.0 and below ?

Posted by Jane Wayne <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I think your best bet might be to check out a particular release tag for 0.22
release and checking the docs out there. Perhaps you might want to run 'ant
docs' of whatever the target used to be back then.

Cos