Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Kent Tong <fr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/11 09:14:46 UTC

building tapestry 4.1 from svn

Hi,

I'm trying to build tapestry 4.1 from the source in svn and needing
some help:

1) HiveMindTestCase.java is calling MockControl.setReturnValue(Object)
but passing it a boolean. It is OK for easymock 2.2 (as stated in
pom.xml in Tapestry) as it is compiled with Java5, but this doesn't
seem to be the case for HiveMind 1.1.1. As a result, it fails with
a NoSuchMethodError. My current workaround is to modify
BaseComponentTestCase.java as:

    protected void trainIsRewinding(IRequestCycle cycle,
          boolean rewinding)
    {
        cycle.isRewinding();
        setReturnValue(cycle, new Boolean(rewinding)); //wrap it
    }

How do you work around this issue?

2) After applying the work around above, most (all?) tests pass if
they're run in Eclipse. If they're run from the Eclipse maven2
plugin or from maven2 directly, many of them fail. I was trying to
debug it by:

set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000
-Xnoagent
-Djava.compiler=NONE

but it just won't stop at the breakpoints that I set in Eclipse.
Any idea?

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Re: building tapestry 4.1 from svn

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On 6/11/06, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've not tried/gotten maven2 to run the unit tests yet for 4.1. The source
> ~barely~ compiles and is able to build a shell site but unit tests are
> probably up in the air.
>
> For now, ant is still the only resource that should reliably compile/run
> unit tests.

But... could we guess that you (committers) are granting us unit test
success (as you're building with ant) so we can compile with m2 and
skip tests?
Thanks :)

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: building tapestry 4.1 from svn

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

On 6/11/06, Kent Tong <fr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build tapestry 4.1 from the source in svn and needing
> some help:
>
> 1) HiveMindTestCase.java is calling MockControl.setReturnValue(Object)
> but passing it a boolean. It is OK for easymock 2.2 (as stated in
> pom.xml in Tapestry) as it is compiled with Java5, but this doesn't
> seem to be the case for HiveMind 1.1.1. As a result, it fails with
> a NoSuchMethodError. My current workaround is to modify
> BaseComponentTestCase.java as:
>
>     protected void trainIsRewinding(IRequestCycle cycle,
>           boolean rewinding)
>     {
>         cycle.isRewinding();
>         setReturnValue(cycle, new Boolean(rewinding)); //wrap it
>     }
>
> How do you work around this issue?
>
> 2) After applying the work around above, most (all?) tests pass if
> they're run in Eclipse. If they're run from the Eclipse maven2
> plugin or from maven2 directly, many of them fail. I was trying to
> debug it by:
>
> set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xdebug
> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000
> -Xnoagent
> -Djava.compiler=NONE
>
> but it just won't stop at the breakpoints that I set in Eclipse.
> Any idea?
>
> --
> Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Jesse Kuhnert