Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Christopher Elkins <ch...@scardini.com> on 2001/03/29 19:14:38 UTC

Castor Usage (was Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine/build build-turbine.xml)

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 03:04:19PM -0000, jvanzyl@apache.org wrote:
> jvanzyl     01/03/29 07:04:19
>
>   Modified:    build    build-turbine.xml
>   Log:
>   - adding sam ruby's patch to make castor optional. is anyone using
>     castor anyway?

Considering that v. 0.9.2 of Castor was released yesterday and we have
v. 0.8.2 in CVS and we've heard no recent complaints about it, then I'd
say no. :-)

Should we remove the JAR from CVS and make Castor-desiring users get it
themselves?

--
Christopher Elkins

Re: Castor Usage (was Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine/build build-turbine.xml)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
Christopher Elkins wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 03:04:19PM -0000, jvanzyl@apache.org wrote:
> > jvanzyl     01/03/29 07:04:19
> >
> >   Modified:    build    build-turbine.xml
> >   Log:
> >   - adding sam ruby's patch to make castor optional. is anyone using
> >     castor anyway?
> >
> Considering that v. 0.9.2 of Castor was released yesterday and we have
> v. 0.8.2 in CVS and we've heard no recent complaints about it, then I'd
> say no. :-)
>
> Should we remove the JAR from CVS and make Castor-desiring users get it
> themselves?

I turfed it already :-)

> --
> Christopher Elkins

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Castor Usage (was Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine/build build-turbine.xml)

Posted by Christopher Elkins <ch...@scardini.com>.
On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 09:14:38AM -0800, Christopher Elkins wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 03:04:19PM -0000, jvanzyl@apache.org wrote:
> > jvanzyl     01/03/29 07:04:19
> >
> >   Modified:    build    build-turbine.xml
> >   Log:
> >   - adding sam ruby's patch to make castor optional. is anyone using
> >     castor anyway?
> >
> Considering that v. 0.9.2 of Castor was released yesterday and we have
> v. 0.8.2 in CVS and we've heard no recent complaints about it, then I'd
> say no. :-)
>
> Should we remove the JAR from CVS and make Castor-desiring users get it
> themselves?

D'oh! Next time I'll read *all* my mail before responding. Sorry.

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/29/01 9:14 AM, "Christopher Elkins" <ch...@scardini.com> wrote:

> Should we remove the JAR from CVS and make Castor-desiring users get it
> themselves?

It already has been.

cvs server: warning: castor-0.8.2.jar is not (any longer) pertinent

-jon