Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by daviesd <da...@oclc.org> on 2011/09/20 22:23:10 UTC

Appid

Now that we¹ve patched BlobCrypterSecurityTokenCodec so that gadget security
tokens are being returned on the iframe url, I¹m wondering how to get
certain token fileds set.  I know there is work going on to get moduleId
(siteId) correctly set.  What is the proper way to get appId set?  We assign
our gadgets unique appIds.  I¹m not sure if there is a place to plug in and
get this set in the token.  We will be calling appdata from our gadgets and
need the appId in the token.  The alternative is to use the appUrl in our
appdata implementation.  Ideas?

Doug

Re: Appid

Posted by Stanton Sievers <ss...@us.ibm.com>.
>From what I've seen in the Shindig code it looks like the appurl is the ID
of choice.  BlobCrypterSecurityToken's implementation for getAppId() just
returns the appurl.  You can also see this same sort of misdirection in
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.servlet.GadgetsHandlerService.convertAuthContext(AuthContext,
String, String) when they construct the extra fields param.

-Stanton