Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Mercy Ma <me...@apache.org> on 2019/02/01 09:51:44 UTC

[VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project (Incubating) 2.7.0 [RC4]

Hello Dubbo Community,

This is a call for the vote to release Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project
(Incubating) version 2.7.0

The release candidates (RC4):
2.7.0:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/spring-boot-project/2.7.0

The staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedubbo-1010

Git tag for the release (RC4):
2.7.0: *https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/releases/tag/2.7.0
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/releases/tag/2.7.0>*

Hash for the release tag:
2.7.0: 4ee35b9d2108990ac7773ffe5edf534f29122a78

Release Notes:
2.7.0:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/releases/tag/2.7.0

The artifacts have been signed with Key: 28681CB1, which can be found in
the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Dubbo (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project (Incubating) 2.7.0 [RC4]

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
+1 to approve, this release looks good to me.

I checked the following items:

   1. Are release files in correct location? pass
   2. Do release files have the word incubating in their name? pass
   3. Are the digital signature and hashes correct? pass
   4. Does DISCLAIMER file exist? pass
   5. Do LICENSE and NOTICE files exists? pass
   6. Is the LICENSE and NOTICE text correct? pass
   7. Is the NOTICE year correct? pass
   8. Un-included software dependencies are not mentioned in LICENSE or
   NOTICE? pass
   9. License information is not mentioned in NOTICE? pass
   10. Is there any 3rd party code contained inside the release? If so: pass
   11. Does the software have a compatible license? pass
   12. Are all software licenses mentioned in LICENSE? pass
   13. Is the full text of the licenses (or pointers to it) in LICENSE? pass
   14. Is any of this code Apache licensed? Do they have NOTICE files? If
   so: pass
   15. Have relevant parts of those NOTICE files been added to this NOTICE
   file? pass
   16. Do all source files have ASF headers? pass
   17. Do the contents of the release match with what's tagged in version
   control? pass
   18. Are there any unexpected binary files in the release? pass
   19. Can you compile from source? Are the instruction clear? pass

Regards,
-Ian.

Posted by jun liu <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

I checked:
* signatures are good
* incubating in name
* DISCLAIMER, LICENSE and NOTICE exists
* all files no binary
* ASF file header check passed with: mvn clean compile -Drat.skip=false -Dcheckstyle.skip=false
* All UTs can pass on my Mac OSX JDK 1.8

Jun

Posted by Mercy <me...@apache.org>.
Ok, I got it, thanks, mentor. :-)

Kind regards,

Mercy Ma

在 2019/2/12 上午11:42, Willem Ning Jiang 写道:

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 11:42 AM Willem Ning Jiang <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

> Mark is the mentor of Dubbo, he is part of PPMC, so his vote is binding one.
> The RC4 is misleading. we just count the same project and version for the RC number to avoid the confusion of version number, not count all the release candidate since the incubation.
> In your vote, it's only RC1.

No, it should be RC4. The first 3 release candidate of
spring-boot-starter 2.7.0 has been cancelled due to various reasons.

The version number of spring-boot-starter has been jumped from 0.2.0
to 2.7.0, which surprised[1] me too.

I think jumping the version number from 0.2.0 to 2.7.0 should also be
discussed first in the mailing list.

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/fb0add73a8d4ce20b0e757faf0b6cffa36c6ed00cb8fb5cc324d7742@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project (Incubating) 2.7.0 [RC4]

Posted by Willem Ning Jiang <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mercy <me...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mercy Ma <me...@apache.org>.
+1

I have checked the following list:

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

+1 to release.

I checked:

- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes are good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE are good
- all source files have ASF headers
- can compile from source
- Unit test passed on Java 11
- the contents of the release match with 2.7.0 tag
- no unexpected binary files in the release
- convenient binary looks good

A minor issue found, which can be fixed in the next release:
- The apache-dubbo-spring-boot-project-incubating-2.7.0-source-release.zip.sha512
file should not contain the '*', which indicates a binary file.