Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Nitin Arora <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2011/11/23 03:39:19 UTC

Authenticate Proxy using currently logged on user domain credentails

Hi,

I'm using Apache HttpClient 4.1 version to make http calls to the access
REST API's exposed on the internet. But internet is accessible through the
corporate proxy server. Proxy server has NTLM authentication enabled and all
the applications (IE and Firefox) work fine without prompting the user for
username and password. IE is able to use current logged in user's domain
credentials.

When I run my Java application HttpClient throws 407. How can we enable
HttpClient to use the currently logged on domain user credentials. I don't
want the user to enter username and password once they have logged in to the
computer.

Note: I am able to connect the REST API server if I pass the domain
credentials manually.

Thanks in Advance.

-Nitin