Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com> on 2007/10/11 05:19:19 UTC

Re: limit

> Everything I've read so far says that Derby does not implement LIMIT
> which lets you write queries that return only so many rows in the resultset.
>
> Is this still the case or has this changed? Or are there initiatives to
> implement this?

DERBY-581 and DERBY-2998 are relevant, I believe.

If you are interested in helping us work on this, there are lots of
ways to help contribute to the effort, and we'd love to have more people involved!

thanks,

bryan

Re: limit

Posted by Thomas Nielsen <Th...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Sudhakar,

Please note, as explained in DERBY-2998 and DERBY-581, that we are *not*
implementing LIMIT (a dialect word), but rather following the SQL
standard using the ROW_NUMBER() rank function.

There is still a way to go, and as Brian says if you're interested in
helping we'd appreciate that a lot!

BR,
Thomas

--