Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "Venkat, Ankam" <An...@centurylink.com> on 2014/11/23 20:04:43 UTC

Spark Streaming with Python

I am trying to run network_wordcount.py example mentioned at

https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/examples/src/main/python/streaming/network_wordcount.py

on CDH5.2 Quickstart VM.   Getting below error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/spark/examples/lib/network_wordcount.py", line 4, in <module>
    from pyspark.streaming import StreamingContext
ImportError: No module named streaming.

How to resolve this?

Regards,
Venkat
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.

Re: Spark Streaming with Python

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.
What version of Spark are you running? A Python API for Spark Streaming is
only available via GitHub at the moment and has not been released in any
version of Spark.

Posted by "Venkat, Ankam" <An...@centurylink.com>.
Any idea how to resolve this?

Regards,