Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> on 2010/01/31 20:56:56 UTC

JDBM: Index for objectClass

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the objectClass index in the JDBM partiton.
In JdbmStore the objecClass attribute is treated as system index. Hence
any call of JdbmStore.hasUserIndexOn("objectClass") returns false. Hence
the DefaultOptimizer doesn't annotate any objectClass filter but sets
Long.MAX_VALUE. (I guess the same happens for entryUUID and entryCSN as
they are also system indices). Is this intended behaviour?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: JDBM: Index for objectClass

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
No this is not the intended behavior and as usual your keen eye has found a
really bad performance issue with the current implementation.  We need to
note this one in JIRA and figure it out exactly.

Thanks for catching it.

Regards,
Alex

--