Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "dizhihui@gmail.com" <di...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/26 13:21:30 UTC

How can i appy queue options in java broker?

I knew qpid for one week. I set up a java broker. and  i connect the broker
by jms client. but i can't how to apply queue options for a created queue.

I found the following configuration options in C++ broker online document.
(
http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-CPP-Book/html/ch02.html
http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-CPP-Book/html/ch02.html
)

/   --max-queue-count N  Maximum in-memory queue size as a number of
messages
   --limit-policy [none | reject | flow-to-disk | ring | ring-strict]/

but i don't know how to apply these queue options in jms client.

 Can anyone give me some advice?  thanks in advance.

-Dee

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: How can i appy queue options in java broker?

Posted by Keith Wall <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hello Dee

The Java Broker does not currently support these options:

--max-queue-count N  Maximum in-memory queue size as a number of
messages
--limit-policy [none | reject | flow-to-disk | ring | ring-strict]/

It does support alerting thresholds, but these are merely soft limits
causing an alert message to the log.  These are configured within the
configuration xml (see the examples shipped in the distribution's etc/
directory).

Hope this helps.  Keith.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org