Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Elliott <be...@unpluggedsystems.com> on 2001/04/10 05:37:33 UTC

Can't find bundle for base name LocalStrings, locale en

I get the following error when trying to request a servlet:

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
LocalStrings, locale en

I checked the archives and the only answer seemed to be to set the
JAVA_HOME & TOMCAT_HOME variables before running the ./startup.sh
script. I am running on Red Hat 6.2 with JDK 1.3, using bash:

set JAVA_HOME=/var/jdk   (/var/jdk is linked to /var/jdk1.3.0_02
set TOMCAT_HOME=var/tomcat    (/var/jdk is linked to
/var/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1)

I also copied my tools.jar from my /var/jdk/lib directory to my
/var/jdk/jre/lib directory.

Any help would be appreciated,

Brian