Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/07 18:33:55 UTC

update*.services.openoffice.org

I see there have been some attempts to understand and fix the update
functionality.

One aspect that does not seem to have been covered is that several of
the host names embedded in existing releases currently point to what
appears to be a 3rd party host, viz:

sd-web4.staroffice.de

This resolves to IP 192.18.197.105 but is not responding.

Are there any plans to bring the hostnames in-house?

The host names that are affected include the following:

update.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web4.staroffice.de.
update30.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
update31.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
update32.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
update33.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
update34.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
update35.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
update36.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.

I don't know if there are any others.

Re: update*.services.openoffice.org

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:33 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I see there have been some attempts to understand and fix the update
> functionality.

yes... :)

> One aspect that does not seem to have been covered is that several of
> the host names embedded in existing releases currently point to what
> appears to be a 3rd party host, viz:
>
> sd-web4.staroffice.de
>
> This resolves to IP 192.18.197.105 but is not responding.
>
> Are there any plans to bring the hostnames in-house?
>
> The host names that are affected include the following:
>
> update.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web4.staroffice.de.
> update30.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
> update31.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
> update32.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
> update33.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
> update34.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
> update35.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
> update36.services.openoffice.org is an alias for sd-web2.staroffice.de.
>
> I don't know if there are any others.

yes, you are correct...I found some of these as well once upon a time.

Thanks for providing this information more clearly.

MzK

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette