Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com> on 2003/03/12 10:19:22 UTC

GET vs POST [WAS: RE: URL display problem]

<snip>
POST method should
be used for
urls changing the server-state, and GET for urls which does not change
the state if possible.
</snip>

Of course sometimes you need to GET some stuff you would rather post. I had
some stuff I was checking for in the RequestProcessor that was POSTED that I
had to switch over to putting as a parameter in the url as I needed access
to it before form population and request.getParameter() was no good, as it
was a multipart form which struts doesnt create a request wrapper for until
form population time...

Posted by Gemes Tibor <ti...@i-trade.hu>.
Andrew Hill wrote:

><snip>
>POST method should
>be used for
>urls changing the server-state, and GET for urls which does not change
>the state if possible.
></snip>
>
>Of course sometimes you need to GET some stuff you would rather post. I had

Yes. That's why I wrote 'if possible'.

Tib