Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jared Reeve <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/04 22:19:43 UTC

sendRedirect not working correctly

Using Apache Tomcat/4.1.12

I have my application under the webapps directory.  When I do a sendRedirect to "/servlet/MyServlet" I get an HTTP Status 404 - The requested resource (/servlet/MyServlet) is not available.  The correct path should be "/MyApp/servlet/MyServlet".

It appears it is not prepending the Root URI (MyApp).  Any suggestions

Re: sendRedirect not working correctly

Posted by Charles Baker <ra...@yahoo.com>.
--- Jared Reeve <ja...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Using Apache Tomcat/4.1.12
>
> I have my application under the webapps directory.
> When I do a sendRedirect to "/servlet/MyServlet" I
> get an HTTP Status 404 - The requested resource
> (/servlet/MyServlet) is not available.  The correct
> path should be "/MyApp/servlet/MyServlet".
>
> It appears it is not prepending the Root URI
> (MyApp).  Any suggestions

I assume that you are calling sendRedirect() in a
servlet? If so then why not use "MyServlet"? You are
already at "/MyApp/servlet/". Is it a jsp in "/MyApp"?
Then try "servlet/MyApp".

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
http://www.charleshbaker.com/~chb/