Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Patrick Lacson <pl...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/03 08:25:10 UTC

catalina.sh on os x

Hi all.

I've been trying to get tomcat 5.5.9 to run on Mac OS 10.4.4 and when I run
the stock catalina.sh script this is what I get.

$ sh catalina.sh
: command not found4:
'atalina.sh: line 48: syntax error near unexpected token `in
'atalina.sh: line 48: `case "`uname`" in

I then modify the catalina.sh script to comment out the OS check as follows:

# OS specific support.  $var _must_ be set to either true or false.
cygwin=false
os400=false
#case "`uname`" in
#CYGWIN*) cygwin=true;;
#OS400*) os400=true;;
#esac

But when I run it again it complains about:

$ sh catalina.sh
: command not found4:
: command not found2:
: command not found5:
catalina.sh: line 203: syntax error near unexpected token `elif'
'atalina.sh: line 203: `elif [ "$1" = "run" ]; then

I don't see any mismatching if statements.. Anybody have a working
catalina.sh on OS X 10.4.4?

Thanks

--
Patrick

Re: catalina.sh on os x

Posted by rr...@gmail.com.
Hi all

I am a newbie to tomcat.

 I installed jarkarta tomcat 5.5.9 with  fedoracore3 OS. I already have
j2sdk1.5.2 installed on it.
I downloaded and configured tomcat from
http://www.coreservlets.com/Apache-Tomcat-Tutorial/tomcat5.5-files/jakarta-=

tomcat-5.5.9-preconfigured.zip<http://www.coreservlets.com/Apache-Tomcat-Tutorial/tomcat5.5-files/jakarta-=tomcat-5.5.9-preconfigured.zip>

After configuring tomcat, and i run http://localhost:8080/  from firefox in
my pc, it works fine and shows me the index.html in webapps directory. Other
files like index.jsp, hello.jsp are working fine too.
However, when i access it from any other pc saying http://mypcname:8080/ it
gives me an error saying "No route to host" . However when i type
http://mypcname/  it works fine and is accessible. That is on port 80, it
works fine. Even other hosts like http://someotherhost:8080/ , my pc isnt
accessible.
I dont understand my it is giving me the error saying "No route to host"
when accessing from other pc.
I am using the server.xml  from coreservelets.com

The following seems to be running when i saw in ps -x
 9908 pts/1    Sl     0:03 /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_10/bin /java -
Djava.util.logging.manager =3Dorg.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManage

I checked out catalina.out, but that didnt not contain any errors for "No
route to host".
Please help

thanks
-Rsh