Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org> on 2005/06/30 06:48:03 UTC

Re: [sa-list] Re: SpamAssassin 3.1.0-pre2 PRERELEASE available! (migrating Bayes

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Kenneth Porter wrote:

Personally, in trying to migrate thousands of per-user bayes into SQL, I
found that it a) took forever and b) consumed so much memory that I just
found it an easier approach to say "screw it" and retrain.

YMMV, of course.  I believe SA does include a rudimentary and
heavily-disclaimered bayed migration script in the SQL folder (or
something similar).

-Dan

--

"You're a nomad billygoat!"

-Juston, July 18th, 2002

Re: [sa-list] Re: SpamAssassin 3.1.0-pre2 PRERELEASE available! (migrating Bayes

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.
--On Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:48 AM -0400 "Dan Mahoney, System Admin"
<da...@prime.gushi.org> wrote:

> Personally, in trying to migrate thousands of per-user bayes into SQL, I
> found that it a) took forever and b) consumed so much memory that I just
> found it an easier approach to say "screw it" and retrain.

I don't mind starting with a blank slate. I'm just wondering where I look
to see how to set up the DB. I've got MySQL installed and working, so I
just need the info to create the tables and set up the authentication.

(No need to cc replies to me.)

Re: [sa-list] Re: SpamAssassin 3.1.0-pre2 PRERELEASE available! (migrating Bayes

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.