Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> on 2006/07/03 09:46:52 UTC

Retrieving WSDL and management API,was: Using scenarios, was: Proposed approach for M2

Hi Clemens,

I changed the subject since your question may have more general
interest than the thread on scenarios...

An entry point (now renamed "service") would be discoverable through
a management API. There has been some talk about providing a Tuscany
management API so if you are interested in jumping in with ideas as
one doesn't exist yet. Also, it would serve as good feedback to the
spec group as this functionality also does not currently exist in SCA.

One minor point is that in the .9 spec, WSDL was not the service
definition lingua franca. We have recently revised this to require
that remotable services be *expressable* in WSDL. In other words,
WSDL itself is not mandated by the spec but it does define
constraints for remotable services. Local services (those within the
same composite) are not required to be "expressable" in WSDL.

I think it would be  good idea if we had a management API where WSDLs
could be retrieved for services bound to a protocol that used WSDL.
We could even provide some type of RESTful explorer core extension
that used the API...Go ahead and add some things to the Wiki around
this and we can iterate through it.

Jim