Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2007/10/26 11:03:47 UTC

Big Sling, Catapult, Sling OSGi...what's the name?

On 10/26/07, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> No one picked up my great suggestion of calling the "big sling" catapult
>  (sniff) :(

Well, I said in SLING-83 that details still have to be worked out ;-)

Anyway...Although I like the Catapult idea, it is yet another name,
which people will not necessarily connect to the Sling project. That
might be confusing, IMHO.

I'd suggest calling Big Sling simply "Sling OSGi", "Sling" being the
short name for that.

-Bertrand

Re: Big Sling, Catapult, Sling OSGi...what's the name?

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Am Freitag, den 26.10.2007, 11:03 +0200 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> On 10/26/07, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> > No one picked up my great suggestion of calling the "big sling" catapult
> >  (sniff) :(
>
> Well, I said in SLING-83 that details still have to be worked out ;-)
>
> Anyway...Although I like the Catapult idea, it is yet another name,
> which people will not necessarily connect to the Sling project. That
> might be confusing, IMHO.
>
> I'd suggest calling Big Sling simply "Sling OSGi", "Sling" being the
> short name for that.

Sorry, Carsten, I have to agree with Bertrand :-)

Regards
Felix