Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Philipp Offermann <ph...@offermann.tk> on 2004/02/26 15:51:16 UTC

svnserve + compression

Hi folks,

is there a way to have a compressed connection with the svn protocoll using
svnserve? I imagine something like "cvs -z3". I understand that you can do
this using WebDAV, but I didn't find any hint for svnserve.

Thankx a lot,
Philipp

Re: svnserve + compression

Posted by Philipp Offermann <ph...@offermann.tk>.
Thanx for your answer. Two questions:
1. Where to put the ssh-option?
2. I tried "svn+ssh" and was not very convinced as 1. authentication was not
stored by subversion so that I would have to use ssh certificats, 2. user
permissions require non-straightforward group masking for svnserve and 3. I
need real user accounts. I would be much happier with a "svn" (without ssh)
solution working over a stunnel.
Is there a way to establish a compressed stunnel? Or to pipe through gzip with
inetd?
THX, Philipp

Re: svnserve + compression

Posted by Vincent Lefevre <vi...@vinc17.org>.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vi...@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International