Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/27 17:30:02 UTC

Why are we not allowing to set the JMS message type ?

Hi Folks,

Currently there is a problem with JMSMessage.setJMSType method.
It throws the following exception.

ERROR: javax.jms.JMSException: Cannot set JMS Type - it is implicitly
defined based on message type
     [java]     at
org.apache.qpid.client.message.AbstractJMSMessage.setJMSType(
AbstractJMSMessage.java:220)

According to the spec we need to support this method.
What I am suggesting is to not to throw this Exception, but rather have a
log message.

Thoughts ??

Regards,

Rajith

Re: Why are we not allowing to set the JMS message type ?

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Sure, will check in a fix.

Rajith

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.