Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff Smith <je...@centralscheduling.net> on 2003/03/14 01:26:31 UTC

[Q] Mailing list manager integration with struts?

I just got a phone call from one of the local charities that I support. They
want to install a mailing list manager to improve communications with
various stake-holder groups. I realize that mailing list mgrs are way
off-topic for this group, but since I'm going to be upgrading them to a
struts-based site in the near future, I'd like to be a little pro-actively
self serving and choose a system that will integrate really cleanly with the
new struts site.

Can anybody recommend a good system? (Ideally, GPL or similar license
structure.)

Thanks in advance
Jefficus

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <vc...@basebeans.com>.
A good practice is to save all e-mail to a db from web app, thus
releaseing resources quickly.

Then use J2EE1.4 jar from an async cron console application to connect
to db and mail server and mail things not flaged as mailed.

.V