Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Woody Aichner <wa...@nc.rr.com> on 2008/06/27 23:51:42 UTC

VPN

I am attempting to test a system that I am accessing remotely via Cisco Systems SSL VPN Client for WebVPN.

The browser can display pages successfully, but Jmeter HTTPSampler and HTTP Client sampler can not access pages. They must be blocked by the VPN. I get a connection timeout, even though I have set the connection timeout to 0. Actually, the sampler Response code is: Non HTTP response code: java.net.ConnectException.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get Jmeter to be able to sample HTTP requests in a situation like this?

Woody

Re: VPN

Posted by em...@t-online.de.
I guess your VPN-IP is not the first one returned when java queries the system
properties. I got around this by specifying the IP of my VPN endpoint as
command line parameter

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=<VPN_IP>

as it is taken from a DHCP-pool and not fixed. Setting it in system.properties
works as well IIRC.

> I am attempting to test a system that I am accessing remotely via Cisco
> Systems SSL VPN Client for WebVPN.
>
> The browser can display pages successfully, but Jmeter HTTPSampler and HTTP
> Client sampler can not access pages. They must be blocked by the VPN. I get
> a connection timeout, even though I have set the connection timeout to 0.
> Actually, the sampler Response code is: Non HTTP response code:
> java.net.ConnectException.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to get Jmeter to be able to sample HTTP
> requests in a situation like this?
>
> Woody

Hope this helps
  Michael