Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Michael Allen <mi...@sqrrl.com> on 2013/06/20 22:43:31 UTC

Java 6 EOLed

Here's another data point in the "move to Java 7 debate": Oracle apparently
just EOLed Java 6.  Read the Slashdot article here:

http://developers.slashdot.org/story/13/06/20/1819245/java-6-eold-by-oracle

While I realize many many many users of Accumulo will continue to use Java
6, they now will do so at their increasing peril.

- Mike

Re: Java 6 EOLed

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Yes, but that only matters for people willing to stick to OpenJDK.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Re: Java 6 EOLed