Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edvard Fagerholm <de...@sigtrap.com> on 2000/12/04 01:29:20 UTC

fdatasync and mod_jk + freebsd...

I get an unresolved symbol (fdatasync) when trying to load mod_jk. I've
checked through this list, and every solution regarding this problem has
been to solaris etc. I tried all those solaris etc tricks but couldn't
get it work, but what I found very strange is that there's not a single
snippet of code with fdatasync that gets compiled in the source, still
it gets linked.

I got it to work with linux emulation, but I'd like to get it work
"clean", not by emulation. Anyone know a good solution, or should I add
to libc a nice little fdatasync wrapper to fsync or something similar...

btw. the server is running 4.2-release...

Thanks
Edvard Fagerholm

Re: fdatasync and mod_jk + freebsd...

Posted by AC <sm...@lisea.com>.
I've got Freebsd 4.1.1-STABLE with jdk 1.2 beta and it works fine.  You
should use the freebsd makefile to compile the mod_jk even if there is also
a problem with it; you have to add ./jk/*.c  at the end of the apxs command.

from jk_util.c:
#ifndef WIN32
#ifndef FREEBSD
#ifndef NETWARE