Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Sa...@iflexsolutions.com on 2004/08/02 08:35:17 UTC

RE: toString() gives me ...

Eric,

I'm trying to create an xml dynamically from Database. I have populated
the xml objects from the result set and said toString of root
(objDBGMMessage.toString()), it is giving me the following result. Since
I'm going to generate a huge 40 MB xml file, I wanted to write the
<Balance> ...</Balance> elements to the Database instead of adding it to
the xml document itself because of the memory that is required to hold
the xml object is huge.

<DBGMMessage xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

    <Balances>

      <Balance>

        <Product>

          <AcsType>MMLOAN</AcsType>

          <AssetLiability>A</AssetLiability>

          <InstrumentType>LDD</InstrumentType>

          <ProductType>MMX</ProductType>

        </Product>

      </Balance>

            .

            .

            .

            .

    <Balances/>

</DBGMMessage>

When I populate the Balance elements in a loop and say
objBalance.toString() it gives me

<xml-fragment xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<Product>

  <AcsType>MMLOAN</AcsType>

  <AssetLiability>A</AssetLiability>

  <InstrumentType>LDD</InstrumentType>

  <ProductType>MMX</ProductType>

</Product>

</xml-fragment>

Instead of giving <Balance>...</Balance>, it generates <xml-fragment>...
</ xml-fragment>

Regards,

Sateesh

  _____