Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Hans K. Yoon" <ab...@xonsys.com> on 2001/02/23 11:37:13 UTC

Ajp12InputStream problems...

AJP12 InputStream has some problems in handing string.

It makes every byte buffer into UTF-8 String.
But in Korean( I lives in Korea.!) lanugage environment!,
Query CAN String has non-escaped EUC-KR String.
EUC-KR byte sequences are not converted into UTF-8 encoding.

So your creating string encoding must be changed to "8859-1"..
Um every 8859-1 can be another Locale's encoding.
Using the following!!

    String myEncoding = "EUC-JP"; // if you are a Japanese.
    Stirng value = request.getParameter("param-name");
    String myvalue = new String(value.getBytes("ISO8859-1", myEncoding);

    Above, simple string conversion make it correct!!

But,
class Ajp12InputStream in Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java handles
above byte sequences as UTF-8.
Um I guess CJK encoded byte sequences failed to converting UTF-8 Directly..

Please correct it before releasing 3.2.2 tomcat.