Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Greg Fullard <gf...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/12 11:45:51 UTC

Sightly-based multi-module Maven archetype available?

Hi All

I'm currently going through a process of defining a ramp-up traning program
for some junior developers/interns on Sling.

(Later in the program they will shift over to AEM, but I really want them
to get a proper understanding on vanilla Sling first)

The available Maven archetypes seem to be very limited through and I'm
spending a ton of time saying things like "...but you won't really be doing
it like this..."

I'm thinking there will be a lot of value in creating a simple multi-module
archetype for vanilla Sling that is pre-setup to run with a vault filter
and Sightly templates.

Has anyone else done this, that I'm just missing? If not, would anyone else
find it valuable if I work on something like that?

Note: I'm not a Java master, but can stumble around an IDE without too many
injuries.

Cheers

Greg

Re: Sightly-based multi-module Maven archetype available?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 1:45 PM Greg Fullard <gf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Has anyone else done this, that I'm just missing? If not, would anyone else
> find it valuable if I work on something like that?...

I don't think we have that and it's certainly welcome!

-Bertrand