Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Atul Dambalkar <ad...@cisco.com> on 2001/07/12 01:36:52 UTC

org.apache.turbine.om.security TurbineUser/Group/Role classes need to override "equals"

Hi David/Raphael,

This can be a low priority..as I do have a work around.

TurbineUser/Group/Role classes need to override "boolean equals(Object obj)
method from java.lang.Object, so as it to be comparable in a java.util.Map
and may also implement java.lang.Comparable interface.

-Atul

Re: org.apache.turbine.om.security TurbineUser/Group/Role classes need to override "equals"

Posted by Atul Dambalkar <ad...@cisco.com>.
At 04:36 PM 7/11/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi David/Raphael,
>
>This can be a low priority..as I do have a work around.
>
>TurbineUser/Group/Role classes need to override "boolean equals(Object
>obj) method from java.lang.Object, so as it to be comparable in a
>java.util.Map and may also implement java.lang.Comparable interface.

Or may be BaseProfileLocator can do that for now. But again it is a low
priority. Actually, I can do those modifications in BaseProfileLocator
object, if you can tell me about, the equality criteria for User/Role/Group
objects.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
I thought you were using a WeakHashMap.
Then you just do:

map.put( role.getName(), role )

However its not ordered. Does it need to be?