Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/03 15:08:14 UTC

Re: Set destination from Qpid Proton Client

If you are just looking to consume from a particular named queue, you
provide the queue name as the address for the consumer.

If you are looking to do something more complicated youll perhaps need
to elaborate a bit more on what that is.

Posted by Justin Ross <ju...@gmail.com>.
This still looks like a normal receive scenario to me.  Since you've
created the queue using the REST API, all you need to do is use the name of
the queue in your client code:

https://github.com/ssorj/equipage/blob/master/qpid-proton-python/receive.py#L40
-
self.address here would be the name of your queue

The main Proton example for this has the same thing, but it's part of a URL:

https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/blob/master/python/examples/simple_recv.py#L34
-
The path part of self.url would be the name of your queue

There is no need to create a distinct, explicitly named local queue with
Proton.  The library provides that through its API.

Related docs:

http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.28.0/proton/python/book/tutorial.html
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.28.0/proton/python/api/proton._reactor.Container-class.html#create_receiver