Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sebastiaan van Erk <se...@sebster.com> on 2008/05/08 17:32:26 UTC

javadoc plugin and -link

Hi,

I'm trying to link to sun's external api docs when generating my javadoc
and have the following in my parent pom reporting plugin config:

<plugin>
	<configuration>
		<aggregate>true</aggregate>
		<link>http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api</link>
		<debug>true</debug>
	</configuration>
</plugin>

However in the generated @options file there is no -link option to javadoc.

Anybody know how to include links?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Regards,
Sebastiaan

Re: javadoc plugin and -link

Posted by Sebastiaan van Erk <se...@sebster.com>.
Hi,

Ok, a google search finally made me find this page (the search was not
related to linking):

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/javadoc-mojo.html

and it gave me the idea to try <links> with nested <link> elements,
which worked. However, I cannot find a link to this mojo from the
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/index.html at all.
Maybe I'm just blind, and it's really there, but it would be quite
useful if it was under one of those four Introduction, Goals, Usage, Faq
headers somewhere... :-/

Regards,
Sebastiaan