Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2008/03/18 21:41:52 UTC

javamail 1.4-SNAPSHOT and a Geronimo 2.1.1 release

Rick (or anybody else that is involved with javamail).

It looks like Geronimo 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT is currently dependent upon
javamail 1.4-SNAPSHOT.  We need to remove that snapshot dependency if
we're going to get a 2.1.1 release out the door.  Do you think we could
get a javamail 1.4 release out in time for Geronimo 2.1.1 release
(hopefully in a week or so).

Joe

Re: javamail 1.4-SNAPSHOT and a Geronimo 2.1.1 release

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Rick McGuire wrote:
> Note that getting this ready for release requires also making a release
> for the javamail specs.  The full javamail bundle that Geronimo is
> dependent upon has a dependency upon the spec release, which is also in
> snapshot version.

Yep, I see that now. Thanks for the heads up.  I'll try to release the
spec concurrent with the bundle as you have done in the past ... all
under one vote.

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
David Jencks wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2008, at 7:22 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>
>> Joe Bohn wrote:
>>> Rick (or anybody else that is involved with javamail).
>>> It looks like Geronimo 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT is currently dependent upon
>>> javamail 1.4-SNAPSHOT.  We need to remove that snapshot dependency if
>>> we're going to get a 2.1.1 release out the door.  Do you think we
>>> could get a javamail 1.4 release out in time for Geronimo 2.1.1
>>> release (hopefully in a week or so).
>>> Joe
>>
>> I think Rick is tied up with other things at the moment.
>>
>> I'll try my hand at getting a geronimo-javamail 1.4 release out (it
>> will be good practice for 2.1.1).   Please speak up if there is
>> anything that  we should consider before starting a release.
>
> Changing the parent to genesis-1.4 and making sure the release plugin
> will work for it.  Also making sure there's an at least minimal
> generated site.   Let me know if you want advice, help, or me to do the
> conversion.

Thanks David.  I'll make those changes and I'll definitely call out if I
need advice or help.  I'm starting to look into this now.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Mar 20, 2008, at 7:22 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Joe Bohn wrote:
>> Rick (or anybody else that is involved with javamail).
>> It looks like Geronimo 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT is currently dependent upon
>> javamail 1.4-SNAPSHOT.  We need to remove that snapshot dependency
>> if we're going to get a 2.1.1 release out the door.  Do you think
>> we could get a javamail 1.4 release out in time for Geronimo 2.1.1
>> release (hopefully in a week or so).
>> Joe
>
> I think Rick is tied up with other things at the moment.
>
> I'll try my hand at getting a geronimo-javamail 1.4 release out (it
> will be good practice for 2.1.1).   Please speak up if there is
> anything that  we should consider before starting a release.

Changing the parent to genesis-1.4 and making sure the release plugin
will work for it.  Also making sure there's an at least minimal
generated site.   Let me know if you want advice, help, or me to do
the conversion.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.