Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Kohlendorfer <p....@eduhi.at> on 2008/04/16 12:06:06 UTC

bug when using proxy server with subversion?

Hi,

I am using subversion behind a proxy server. I configured the file ~/.subversion/servers according to the FAQ. However, when using an URL starting with svn:// (instead of http or https) I cannot contact the server. A wireshark trace shows that the client is trying to access the server directly instead of using the proxy settings, which is obviously forbidden.

Is this a known problem or am I just missing something?

Thanks for your help,

Peter

Re: bug when using proxy server with subversion?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Peter Kohlendorfer

>  I am using subversion behind a proxy server. I configured the file ~/.subversion/servers according to the FAQ. However, when using an URL starting with svn:// (instead of http or https) I cannot contact the server. A wireshark trace shows that the client is trying to access the server directly instead of using the proxy settings, which is obviously forbidden.
>
>  Is this a known problem or am I just missing something?

Your proxy is an *http* proxy, not a generic proxy. I think only HTTP
proxies can be used with Subversion, using the HTTP protocol to access
the server.

The FAQ implies this via the explanation and example, but doesn't
explicitly "this applies to HTTP access only."