Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by tiffany <ti...@yahoo.ca> on 2007/08/22 22:54:15 UTC

How to do jmeter result analysis for web load test?

Hi,

Question always on my mind on how to do the result analysis for web load
test?
I added a aggregrate report listener to my test plan and I get the result
from it for the following variables :

# Samples - The number of samples for the URL
Average - The average time of a set of results
Median - The median is the time in the middle of a set of results.
90% Line - the maximum time taken for the fastest 90% of the samples. # The
remaining samples took longer than this.
Min - The lowest time for the samples of the given URL
Max - The longest time for the samples of the given URL
Error % - Percent of requests with errors
Throughput - Throughput measured in requests per second/minute/hour
Kb/sec - The throughput measured in Kilobytes per second

but what this variables tell me? What is the right and acceptable response
time? How to measure the scalability of my web site?

Thanks,
  Tiffany