Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by da...@apache.org on 2015/11/09 10:47:50 UTC

[VOTE] Release Felix Webconsole Subsystems plugin 0.1.0

Hi all,

I'd like to call a vote on a 0.1.0 (beta) release of the subsystems
plugin for the Felix Webconsole.
This plugin adds support for managing OSGi subsystems to the Felix
Webconsole. While this plugin is not completely mature yet, this 0.1.0
release will make it easier for other communities to start playing
with the plugin and provide feedback.

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1103

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1103 /tmp/felix-subsystemwebconsole-check

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

Best regards,

David Bosschaert

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Webconsole Subsystems plugin 0.1.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Webconsole Subsystems plugin 0.1.0

Posted by da...@apache.org.
Hi Pierre,

On 11 November 2015 at 16:46, Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David;
>
> +1
>
> Verified signatures, rebuilt the plugin from the source which I tested with
> subsystem and also from your (nice) tutorial from [1].
>
> Only one comment: when I added the two esa files from your tutorial (from
> the webconsole plugin), then I had to refresh my page in order to see the
> installed subsystems.
> apart from that, it seems to work greatly.
>
> thanks.
> /Pierre
>
> [1] http://coderthoughts.blogspot.fr/2013/04/osgi-subsystems.html

Thanks for the feedback - yes I know this. The subsystem installation
is asynchronous... I guess for the next release I could make the page
wait until the subsystem is installed, which might be better, although
for a very large subsystem that could be a substantial amount of
time... What do you think would be best?

Thanks for the vote.

Cheers,

David

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Webconsole Subsystems plugin 0.1.0

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi David;

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (non binding)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Webconsole Subsystems plugin 0.1.0

Posted by da...@apache.org.
With 5 +1s this vote succeeds. I've promoted the artifacts.

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)