Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.fr> on 2015/03/13 21:04:48 UTC

Re: [Geoapi-devel] Common interface for Enum and CodeList?

Hello Jody and all

I had an opportunity to discuss briefly about this naming issue during
the OGC meeting. "Vocabulary" seems a good start. But I also got the
"ControlledVocabulary" and "SharedVocabulary" suggestions.
"ControlledVocabulary" has a definition on wikipedia that seems close to
what we mean:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_vocabulary

Does it sound a good name for a type common to both Enumeration and
CodeList?

    Martin

Posted by Jody Garnett <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yep that would be fine, my preference is always shorter when we can :)

--
Jody Garnett