Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com> on 2016/01/21 00:01:31 UTC

[VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.8.0

Hi all,

I've created a 4.8.0 release candidate, with the following artifacts up for a vote:

Git Branch and Commit SH:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=4.8.0-RC20160120T2343

Commit: 62f218b7bd0111105d201d1c8516180d8e6d6797

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same location):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.8.0/

PGP release keys (signed using A47DDC4F):
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to indicate "(binding)" with their vote?

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.8.0

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello,

My vote +1 (binding)

My tests (Tests are passed on a CloudStack (1mgr+4nodes+2nfs) in real
servers topology) :

1/ Fresh install of 4.8.0RC1 (adv net) on Ubuntu 14.04.3 + KVM + NFS : OK
Some standard tests (create vm, migration, HA, create networks (normal
and RVR), create user, create ssh key, destroy vm, register template,
create snapshot, restore snapshot, create template, ip association, ip
release, static nat, firewall rule)
Some tests with cloudstack ansible module (create network, register
templates, create vm, ip, firewall rule)

2/ Test upgrade from 4.7.0 to 4.8.0RC1 : OK

3/ Test upgrade from 4.7.1RC1 to 4.8.0RC1 : OK

4/ Tests all localization of Web UI (with a complete installation of CS)
: local strings works wells except some strings in Spanish and Arabic.

Known issue (but not only for this version):

Thanks to RM team.

Milamber

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <Su...@citrix.com>.
Hi,

+0

CentOS+xenserver6.5+NFS as primary and secondary storage.

Still testing in progress as of now  not seen any major issue.

Regards
Sadhu

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build/> | CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/> | CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/> | CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

RE: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.8.0

Posted by Glenn Wagner <gl...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi,

+1

Centos 6.7 Management Server (Advanced Networking)
Two Xenserver 6.5 Hyper
NFS Storage

Basic Tests Done (Stop,start,migrate, create Snapshot, delete Snapshot , Create Template , Create ISO, Create VPC , Add Data Drive, Add Shared Network)

Thanks
Glenn

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Glenn Wagner
Senior Consultant       ,       ShapeBlue

d:       | s: +27 21 527 0091<tel:|%20s:%20+27%2021%20527%200091>        |      m:      +27 73 917 4111<tel:+27%2073%20917%204111>

e:      glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com | t: <mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:>     |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West Cape Town 7130 South Africa

[cid:image8c6d5c.png@475b8f7f.419c5fb0]

Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Yes, the same from 4.6/4.7 works also in 4.8.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Hello,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
did a minimal verification creating an advanced zone with security groups
and shared network. instantiated a vm which started and was visible from
the hypervisor, in the gui and from cloudmonkey.

​It is all the verification I can spare this round​. Did it on both 4.7.1
and 4.8.0

+1 (binding)

forgot to mention this was on centos7 with kvm hypervisors

--
Daan

RE: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.8.0

Posted by Glenn Wagner <gl...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Remi ,

We have seen this issue in 4.7.0 repeatedly ,  so probably in 4.7.1 (I haven't tested this yet)

Thanks
Glenn

Posted by Glenn Wagner <gl...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Remi,

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hi Glenn,

Posted by Glenn Wagner <gl...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi,

I found this error when restarting a 4.8.0 management server running on Centos 6.7

Has anyone seen this error before , was anything changed in the logger?

>From the catalina log file

INFO [o.a.c.s.l.CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle] (Thread-95:null) (logid:) stopping bean ProjectJoinDaoImpl
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.cloudstack.spring.lifecycle.CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.
Exception in thread "Timer-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter.info(Log4jLoggerAdapter.java:304)