Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by ae...@orange.com on 2016/03/09 10:54:37 UTC

[C*2.1]memtable_allocation_type: offheap_objects

Hi,

offheap_objects was removed in releases 3.2.x then reintroduced  in release 3.4: I vould like to know if someone has used offheap_objects in Cassandra 2.1: stable or not, improvement observed or not...

Thanks.
Ahmed

Thank you.

RE: [C*2.1]memtable_allocation_type: offheap_objects

Posted by ae...@orange.com.
Thank you !

Another question please : In the blog post (http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/off-heap-memtables-in-Cassandra-2-1), it is noted that offheap_objects it effective for small values like ints or uuids as well. offheap_buffers for the tables with string or blobs.

in my case, the tables contains many columns with string type. But in  cassandra.yaml, it is noted that offheap_objects is: native memory, heap buffer nio Eliminating overhead.

I must in all cases use offheap_objects?

Thanks.
We use them. No signs of stability problems in 2.1 that we’ve attributed to offheap objects.

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
Check out Al's Tuning Guide.  He discusses offheap objects.

https://tobert.github.io/pages/als-cassandra-21-tuning-guide.html